Elmsfield is a mixed use redevelopment project in the town centre of Wokingham. The proposal will create a new foodstore, car parking, hotel, cinema, retail and commercial uses, and residential accommodation. Residential units are created above and around the retail and also around the park, providing a range of sizes and types of units. The proposal will deliver a significant new park and substantial new public realm improvements.
The scheme also includes 87 additional residential units in the form of 2 and 3 storey houses, being delivered by David Wilson Homes.
CDA became involved in the project post tender, working closely with the D&B contractor and client to identify and prove cost saving opportunities to bring back to budget, to allow the project to proceed and fulfil pre-let commitments.
Following the decision to proceed CDA as lead consultant have driven the coordination of the detailed design, and production of construction information. The project is currently on site. CDA involved from outset at concept stage, and then novated to contractor.Download project card (1.8 MB pdf)
- Client − Wokingham Borough Council / Wilson Bowden Developments / McLaughlin & Harvey
- Main Contractor − McLaughlin & Harvey
- Architect − CDA
- Structural Engineer − Doran Consulting
- Services Engineer − Delap & Waller Ltd
- Quantity Surveyor − Wilson Bowden
- Landscape Architect − McIlwane Landscape Architects
- Completion − 2020