County Mall, Crawley
In a wide-ranging exercise to drive out greater value and refresh the image of this major established shopping centre, CDA has worked intensively with Standard Life’s asset managers to find innovative and cost effective solutions.
An opportunity was identified to improve a number of poorly configured units to create a 50,000 sq ft MSU. Primark was secured as a tenant and significant building works, involving relocating a car park ramp, combining units and redeveloping storage space, were undertaken. The opening of Primark was a catalyst for further key lettings.
County Mall now has the feel of a modern centre, with a more diverse mix of units and retailers, anchored by Primark, Debenhams, Boots and Next. Many existing retailers’ leases have been regeared and retailers have refitted.Download project card (421 KB pdf)
- Client − Standard Life (Aberdeen Standard)
- Main Contractor − Careys & Willmott Dixon
- Project Manager − JLL
- Architect − CDA
- Structural Engineer − WSP
- Services Engineer − KJ Tait
- Lighting Designer − Paul Nulty
- Quantity Surveyor − Gardiner & Theobald
- Photography − © James French Photography
- Completion − 2015